Welcome to our website !

the fine & dandy challege: 5 layouts

By 10:09 AM , , , ,

Hello!
My Fine & Dandy 6*6 pad is close to empty and my album is growing! Today I do 5 layouts in one sitting whit the goal of them to be cohesive. Doing two layouts  is hard, but 5! I first wanted to hit myself and my bad idea but then I thought: grid. grid designs are easy and always looks look!


 Each layout is 4 boxes, two photos, one for journaling and one for embellishments. All layouts are built the same but whit some differences, the photo for example is placed so the puppy is looking in to the page, not of it. 
 The colors that dominate the layout is picked up from the second photo; of the detective that the puppy is named after. I love this shows and characters so naming the puppies after them was a must!
 The papers are from Dear Lizzy "Fine & Dandy" and whit that I used a die-cut pack from Heidi Swapp "September Skies" and letter sticker from Tim Holtz.
 To really emphasis the grid I took black thread and saw around each card/ photo. And as you can see, I did need allot of paper or embellishments to make each look cute and finished!
When doing this layouts I worked on them all at the same time, first matting and then embellishments and the journaling. If I didn´t know what to add or what to do next whit one I put it aside and continued on the next. This way I did the same steps at the same time on all of them.
 All of the layouts look different but it´s clear that they belong together. Doing so many layout whit the same feel is so easy when working whit a grid!

Love Julia

You Might Also Like

0 comments