Welcome to our website !

scrapbook page "Selfie" with PL cards and watercoloring

By 4:55 AM , , ,

So the other day I was putting away my Project Life stuff after finishing week 10's page and I saw the cards on top of the corekit-tray. Next to the tray was a photo that hadn't made it to the page and the colors was just perfect for each other!


I love it when this kind of stuff happens, getting inspired by the things on your desk and making a layout that you just love. Here it was the colors of the cards that inspired me, the light blue, grey and soft coral and they went so well with my photo. 
 I took the PL cards, layered them behind my photo and them slabbed watercolor in the background. I really like how soft the layout id without being overly feminin. well apart from the lace-flower...
I wanted a soft, messy background and watercolor is perfect for that. 
 Adding the gold glitter tape and white dots adds texture without jumping out in your face. The tiny wordsticker are cream with blue lines and gold text, perfect! The journaling I added with a "stabilo 88/13". This is one of very few pages where I haven't added heavy black elements and it really accents the soft colors of the photo.
 Here you can really see the bad print of the photo, but I had just ordered some photos, this among them, so I will change it. I normally don't mind if my photos are printed at home or ordered but when this print is so bad and I really like the layout, it's worth changing it. 

All in all, I like the page (just going to change the photo) and I'm so happy that I stopped what I was doing and made this cute page of me and my brother.

Love Julia

You Might Also Like

0 comments