Welcome to our website !

Christmas card and embossing love

By 5:51 AM , , , , , ,

This last weeks my desk has been covered in glitter, embossing powders and everything Christmasy. It´s that time of the year to start doing Christmas-cards, and I love it!!! I always do to many but if there is on type of cards that I love to make, it Christmas ones. 

This year I have started earlier and made many more, my sister goes to different Christmas-markets and takes my cards whit her. Today I thought to show you three of my favorite cards that I made this past week. I made all of them in bulk, eight of each, so I kept the design easy and on pre-made craft card-bases.. The stamps and dies are all from Magnolia, colored whit distress ink.
 The first card I wanted to keep rather clean, just the oh-so-cute moose, two snowflakes and a "merry christmas" stamp. The biggest part of all of the card is coloring the images... 
 I had to have just a little sparkle here so I put some Ranger "Silver" stickles around the snowflake. 
 I love embossing-powders and I think they add that magic, especially to a Christmas-card. To get this light snowfall effect I have used Stampendous "chunky white" sprinkled over the moose. 
 On the seconed card I started whit my favorite stamp (a gift from my lovely mum). Here I wanted a more winter, cold and frosty pallet. The papers are from a My Mind´s Eye "Lost & Found" 6x6 paper pad and cut out whit Magnolia dies.
 My favorite embossing powders are from Stampendous and sprinkling this "Shabby White" around the image is like adding magic! 
 Next to the snowflakes I added a mix of pearls and rhinestones and the sentiment is just punched out of my Dymo.
 The last card is more classic for Christmas whit the red and gold. This is made in the same way as the second card, just in different colors but not so many embellishments... 
 I can´t stop using the "shabby white" powder! 
If you have a chunky white powder, add it heavier on the "ground" , or on the shoes to look like snow. The little leafy thing is from a Magnolia die set and I just embossed it whit Ranger "gold tinsel". Love that powder, so pretty and detailed. 
 For the sentiment I simply stamped whit black on a label, keeping it classic.

I hope that you like the cards and that they inspire you to sprinkle some embossing powders!

Love Julia

You Might Also Like

0 comments